Students of the Year
The Students of the Year campaign is a philanthropic leadership development program through which highly motivated, high-school leaders embark on a journey of professional growth, ensuring that they stand out when preparing for college and beyond. During the program, students foster professional skills such as entrepreneurship, marketing, and project management in order to raise funds for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). Student leaders fundraise for LLS in honor of children who are blood cancer survivors. The title Student(s) of the Year is awarded to the candidate or co-candidate team in each community that raises the most funds during the 7-week competition.
The Las Vegas Students of the Year campaign has welcomed 10 candidate teams featuring 13 students from across the valley.
- Alyssa Fuller - Senior - Bishop Gorman High School
- Julia Linero - Senior - Arbor View High School
- Wendy Obregon-Lopez - Junior - Advanced Career & Tech Academy
- Demi Remolador - Junior - Silverado High School
- Alondra Rocha - Senior - Nevada State High School
- Katherine Rojas-Barreto - Senior - Desert Oasis High School (LEGACY of Wish Read)
- Alexander Roy - Sophomore - Centennial High School
- Angelo Sapien - Senior - Las Vegas Academy of the Arts (LEGACY of Wish Read)
- Isabella Saunders - Sophomore - Adelson Educational Campus
- Faythe Theriault - Sophomore - Arbor View High School
- Maggie Ward - Senior - Arbor View High School
- Sidra Wohlwend - Junior - Coronado High School (LEGACY of Mia Rappetti - UTAH)
- Oliver Yee - Senior - West Career & Tech Academy (LEGACY of Kate Wong & Felicia Sarcletti)
Congratulations to all 2020 Students of the Year candidates and team members. We are currently accepting nominations for 2021 candidates.
Students of the Year Campaign Specialist
LLS Office Address:
5740 S. Eastern Ave., Suite 245
Las Vegas, NV 89119